Thursday, March 14, 2013

Science Birthday Party

Well, my daughter was a little apprehensive at first- about her party. She wasn't sure how well kids would enjoy doing science at a birthday party. But let me tell you, we had a blast!

Here are some pics. We got our science experiments from Steve Spangler online. The invitations  and open with caution "stickers" came from a free print out @ livinglocurto.com, the periodic table idea for my daughter's "elements" was from princessandthefrogblogspot.com.



My Hubbie whipped this up at work. Saved me a bunch of time, what with the rest of the party plans, the wedding cake and all.



Kids ate the worms but alas, they were too soggy...





Plus, I made homemade magic sand! First bake the sand for about an hour @~350' to remove any moisture. Then spray and dry, spray and dry etc….(takes longer with more sand) with Scotch Guard.




My daughter made (with little help from her sisters, as she wanted to do it all by herself) this fantastic volcano. We took it out to the crescent and let it rupture there.









These are the polymer jelly marbles. What a treat! They grow as they soak in water, but if you spread them out onto the counter they will shrink and you can, apparently use them again. We used different colours, and even stuck some colour in the tap to surprise the children with green water!



(Man, I love my apple phone!Just look at this picture!) 





Cake pops are not my forte, but as you will see later, I do much better with decorating cakes. (Which, I am still not a pro but had so much fun with my sister in law doing it)






No comments:

Post a Comment