Saturday, March 22, 2014

Healthy

Hi! I went to a naturopath the other day! I kept telling the doctors my symptoms for years, with always the same answers. So, today was a new experience. He explained how we needed to find the problem not just treat the symptoms. He took over an hour to meet with me. I returned home, mixed up my "cocktail" and within an hour had results! I have had some personal troubles with a health issue for years. Now I will continue with this new "magic potion" (lol) for a few months and see if things continue to get better.
Another thing I found most interesting: he asked me a very personal question about my late husband and then explained some things on that level. Wow! For a professional to acknowledge a personal spiritual matter was incredible. I know that God created science, not the other way around. I know that there are many levels to improving and maintaining health. The question he asked  (and I am not willing to share with you as of yet my answer) was: "Do you talk to him?" At first I thought he had misunderstood that Brian was dead  ;/

On that note I thought I would share with all of you, a great piece of advice he gave me. When working through the stages of grief, you may find that you bounce around from one to another. (The stages of grief are not linear.) Bargaining, to anger, denial, back to anger…etc. (Which I know already), however, okay, let's make this easier… I am stuck in the anger stage, it will drift into the back ground and then resurface. He said for me not to think I am failing because I have already dealt with "anger" but that my body has healed enough to bring "anger" (insert your own stage of grief) back to the surface to cope and work through again for a while and will continue to do so until I have found my inner peace.

Here's another point to consider and I share to help…He mentioned that until I have worked my way through all the stages of grief and found this inner peace, I will not be able to give "my all" to my new hubby, and to let him know that it is not him. It is my grief and my healing process that contribute to the depth of our relationship. This rings true for me. I love him so much but because I hold onto anger, and sometimes bargaining… they consume me and take up "my love space."


Here are the 5 stages of grief. Remember you can grieve over the loss of a pet, divorce, or a stressful trauma like hearing you have cancer.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

This may be a helpful link: grief.comhttp://grief.com

I found these wonderful pictures on the internet and wanted to share them with you.

Here is what the artist had to say about this…

After my father died, I received a great desire to paint a picture of the Spirit World, a gift of peace for my family and yours. On the right side, in the lower area by the tunnel, family and friends are saying goodbye to their loved ones who are going to earth to be born. On the left side, family and friends gather together to welcome their loved ones back home into the Spirit World; They have come through the tunnel of darkness into the light.
http://www.ldsart.com
(I absolutely LOVE this picture of our Savior, Jesus Christ)

Liz Lemon Swindle says this about her art.

Surely the Savior knew from an early age the path that lie ahead of Him, yet He was not discouraged or dismayed. He went about doing good and filled His life, and the lives of others, with joy and happiness.

I am inspired by the story of Reverend Henry Lyte. Henry´s father abandoned the family while he was a young boy and his mother died shortly after. In addition to being orphaned at an early age, Henry struggled throughout his life with poor health - yet all that knew him commented on his cheery temperament. His final contribution came just three weeks before his death. Though he was dying of tuberculosis, Henry was still determined to give to others. He rose from his bed and penned the words that would become the cherished hymn,

Abide with Me.

Abide with Me!
fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens.
Lord with me abide.

When other helpers
Fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, oh,
Abide with me!

Certainly none of us can walk through life free from illness and despair, but we each can decide how we will respond to those trials that come. This painting reminds me when trials come that I can choose to retreat into myself, or I can choose to reach out as the Savior did and bring happiness to others. Only selfless sacrifice can we ever hope to abide with the Lord.

And I searched long and hard to find these. I knew they were out there but I had no idea who the artist was. His name is Doc Christensen. Here's his link DocBox.org



I know that the Savior watches over us and I know that there are angels very, very close. AS they say, "There are angels among us."


2 comments: