Friday, January 25, 2013

Snowboard Jump

For our anniversary we headed to Banff, stayed in a sweet suite (hee hee) with a wood burning fireplace and had a wonderful time. We experienced fine dinning, (eating things I can't pronounce that came from all over the world and made my tummy ache), began cross country skiing with a friendly deer, but my bindings broke, and tried some tricks on our snowboards. You can laugh, but I don't want to see you laugh in front of me…. ;) We took a class and learned beginner rails and jumps.  Take a look!







Some other things that I am working on this week are: 

(sneak peeks below) 

1. My (second oldest) daughter's bedroom




2. A Valentine Birthday Party 



Stay tuned for some more painting stripe pointers, and some more birthday planning ideas.

On a more somber note...

Once again, sadness has fallen on our family with the passing of Brian's Dad. My late husband's father used to live with us. We spent a lot of time together in the past: family vacations, dinners, water fights, trips to the zoo, batting cages, go-carts, eating lots and lots of ice cream and frozen treats in their various forms, Mario Cart and numerous Wii games, book reading, joke telling, he even tolerated the girls putting bows in his hair and crazy make up on his face. (Which he would photo shop to look like he was beaten up) He had a great sense of humour, enjoyed cross word puzzles, loved to learn more about the sky, whether he was talking flying with Brian, reading the stars or studying up on space. He is greatly missed.


My Brian and his Daddy. Reunited in Heaven.


A Beautiful Life

I am trying to find peace, enjoy my life and be happy. I get hit hard with trials but I want to keep a positive perspective, a happy smile…this doesn't always happen, nor does it happen right away, but I am keeping busy and doing my best to live in the moment more and more. With the help of the Lord and through prayer, life goes from being endured to being enjoyable. Here are some pictures of living in the moment today and appreciateing the little things. 

Meringues from the Duchess. These are, as one of my best friends said today (and I hope she doesn't mind me quoting her), "Adult Cotton Candy". They melt in your mouth and then they are chewy. So addicting. What a talent to be able to make these treats that in turn make people like me happy.



These are the chocolate variety.



Some items I picked up at the Duchess. (Which I must say, they had just shut their doors and were kind enough to open them for me to run in and make my purchases quickly. Super fantastic.)



Here a few little items that I picked up at HomeSense to begin my Valentine Decor...






This little cutie sparkles with the sunshine.  My under $20 purchase. (I found another one similar online for $75)


Red is such a great front door colour...


Another little V-day purchase! 

And lastly..the French chocolate cookies. They were fantastique!


I hope you are all trying to find ways to "be happy in the journey!"









No comments:

Post a Comment