Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Wedding Cake Continued

Firstly, wow! What a response to my last blog! (Mostly all by FB or personal email, of course), but nonetheless wonderful. Thank you!

There are so many stories I could share. So, let's get together sometime! ;)

Okay, so back on track, let's talk cake. (Cake is always good!) This took me 3 weeks to prepare and man I sampled too much and put on weight like crazy. Now I've done an Arbonne cleanse and go to the gym 3-4 times a week. (Exercise helps control emotions btw.)

here are some pictures…I think I found this on pinterest.


(The paper was folded that is why it looks so wonky.) This is the look we were trying to achieve.


You have to place your mixer in a pot of simmering water and stir, stir, stir. I will post a link that I used to help me make fabulous icing, without icing sugar. Yum Yum.


Then you whip, whip, whip. Until the bowl is cool. (This really takes much longer than it says, or at least it did for us)


Our lovely leaves, which we dried on this so they would form nicely.


about 200 little dots.


At first I made the light pink rosettes, but I decided that I didn't like the bubble gum look so I made these burgundy ones. (I would have started with these except I couldn't find the colour at first.)


How do you like the soft edges of my photos? 

That is due to the fact that I had shortening on the back of my iPhone. oops.



This is where my sister-in-law and I were trying to figure which ribbon to use.





I made these little green things because the picture had them and they added nice charter, I have no idea what they are supposed to be. Thank goodness for someone else's inspiration, and willingness to share.


still checking which ribbon…



and, ta da! Don't look too closely. We are still amateurs, you know. Not bad for her first wedding cake and my third. 



We had extra rosettes due to my crazy over making and I decided to use them on the tables as decoration. Pretty, isn't it?


At the reception.


What a pretty table. All the decor seemed to match wonderfully and look so beautiful.

Click here if you'd like a great tutorial on how to make swiss meringue buttercream. It is so light and not too sweet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment