Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Angels & Accidents

Last week my husband was coming to give me a hug before he left to pick up our daughter from ballet. I felt this urge to pray for his safety. (I haven't felt that way for Kevin; anxious for his safety. I felt like that daily with Brian. One could say that my spirit must have know that he would one day tragically die.) This feeling surprised me a little and I could have easily ignored the feeling since I was decorating cookies. I obeyed the prompting of the Spirit and said a prayer. As he was leaving and while he was out I prayed 2 or more times. I continued on with my cookie decorating.

Sometime later my daughter came in and said that I needed to go see Kevin, that he wanted to speak to me in the garage; that they had gotten in an accident. I thought she was joking since she is one to stress out and she was taking this lightly. Regardless, I went and sure enough our new vehicle was damaged. They had been rear ended.

I was calm. I didn't even get mad, nor have I since. (Who was this person? haha) When I returned to the kitchen I began reflecting. It was just a vehicle. I was so grateful that I wasn't in the hospital praying for their lives. I wasn't receiving bad news and having to plan a funeral (like before). They were safe. Not a big deal.

I was impressed with so many thoughts all at once by the Spirit. They were safe because of prayer. Angels are sent to protect. Maybe it was Brian? I then had a wonderful impression/experience that he had indeed been sent to keep them safe and all because I had heeded a prompting from the Holy Ghost.

Wow. How many other fabulous blessings are happening all the time that go unnoticed?

Maybe this week we can count our blessings in our journey, the obvious and not so obvious ones…?

3 comments:

  1. Accidents happen more often than we'd like to think. And even though we are rarely faced with a loved one who has been on an accident, to keep our cool when they do meet an unfortunate event such as that, is the best way to deal with the matter accordingly. I'm glad you didn't lash out when you heard that they were in an accident. You dealt with that incident maturely and responsibly. Kudos to you! :)

    Stephanie Waters @ Chastaine Law

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie. I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People can’t help but fear the worst when it comes to family members being in accidents, but it’s great that you managed to maintain your composure despite the fact. Anyway, it’s nice to know that your husband didn’t had any major injuries, and I hope that the car wasn’t in a bad shape as well. Take care!


    Jerry Brady @ Lambert And Williams

    ReplyDelete