Saturday, November 15, 2014

Fun Holiday Ideas

I just had to post these cute ideas before I forget. 

(On the last post I said how I was busy making cookies, well, here is the link to the cookies we made, however, I am going to give you our sugar cookie recipe because the one this sweet lady posts was not a hit with my family. Her designs are absolutely amazing though! Take a peek!)






Here are some other amazing cookies she makes! WOW!!



She is truly an artist!

Here is our SUGAR COOKIE recipe. They make soft and chewy cookies and we never put the dough in the fridge first. I have a family of 6 kids and 1 son-in-law (and counting…? =) so who has time for that? I got this recipe from a friend over a decade ago and it has remained a favourite ever since.

SUGAR COOKIES

1 cup butter 
1 1/2 cup icing sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 almond extract

Mix first 5 ingredients. Blend in the following:

1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour 
1 tsp cream of tartar
 (Recipe says to cover and chill for 2-3 hours. We skip this) Divide in half and roll 1/4" thick. Too thin and they will burn and too thick they will not cook evenly. Cut into shapes and bake @ 375' for 7-8 min. Do not let get brown. (We use non stick pans, if you are using pans that stick then I suggest a lightly sprayed pan.) 

Okay, the 2nd fabulous thing…

I just stumbled upon and had to share before I forget is this site. 



They are awesome! They have so many fabulous ideas and free printables. I hope this helps you with your Christmas planning and date nights etc….
Show love to others on your journey… =>


No comments:

Post a Comment