Thursday, December 17, 2015

Crate Christmas Decoration

This Christmas I just had to paint. It wasn't much but I sure am missing my home decor projects now that I homeschool. (Which is why my blogging has sloooowwwwed down considerably)

I love this crate one of my daughters helped me make.

First, you kinda need a newer Cricut. I tried with my old one and it didn't work. Mind you, there are many more crafty people than I out there so if you can do it - do it!

I bought my crate at Michael's with the 50% off coupon. Love those coupons. =)




Here is the chalk paint I used on my crate. It was my first experience with chalk paint. Not bad. Rather nice indeed.

Then I went in to circuit craft room and purchased for $0.99 the Polar Tree Farms, cut it out of vinyl,  pulled the letters out, (kept the letter inserts- for the 'a' the 'e' the 'p' and the 'o'), stuck my vinyl where I wanted it...and then got a phone call! ahhhh! My daughter stuck the rest on and we started painting in the black. (When I got off the phone I realized that the letters should have been closer together, but hey, I am a busy momma and it still worked)



I used a small sponge brush and a little paint at a time so that it wouldn't run through the vinyl. We took the it off right away and let the paint dry. Next, use a light grit (but not too light) sand paper to run over the letters afterwards to make it look a little worn.



Hope you have fun with your painting journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment