Thursday, December 17, 2015

My Variety of Food Choices

Because of the lack of posting I have been doing as of late, I wanted to share with you some pictures of some of the things I have been trying or just enjoying in the last few months. These are all just about food, I noticed but the range is crazy!

First,

Juicing. I love to juice. It sets me right for the beginning of my day and then I try super hard to squeeze in a simple 1/2 hour - 45 min workout when I'm not too beat.

I bought the Omega juicer and it's fabulous.


One morning I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get any more sleep... so I made some carrot, orange (and other mysterious ingredients) for my sleeping family.  Here is a fantastic link to the site I use daily. Just type in what ingredients you have at home and it will find you a juice to make. Or, type in the health condition you're concerned about and see their suggestions.

JuiceRecipes.com

Second,

Our stove top stopped working a few weeks before Christmas and we had to pull out the camp stove. What did I decide to do? Make mac n cheese? Nope. Let's make homemade Asian food. Had I done it before? No. I seem to like to make my life more challenging. lol


I found this link to be super helpful. SeonkyoungLongest

Third,

I love making these homemade Butterhorns. But they sure like to stay with me and my mid section.



And lastly,

I tried a new recipe for my pie crust. Not the best looking but much more tasty than mine. (Although, with my old one I can shape it nicely) That's okay. I will keep experimenting. Although I tend to try new recipes when company is coming. Do you do that too? Or are you smarter and do a run through first?

I did, however, love how my meringue turned out.

TIP - use lemon juice and clean ALL your tools when making meringue or it will NOT turn out.

If you follow me in Instagram - ahhh_net- you may have already seen these posts.

Enjoy this journey called Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment