Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thank Yous and Positive Affirmation

Firstly, thank you to everyone for your comments, calls, texts, emails, and verbiage about this blog and more in particular, thank you for your recent visits on our post about Daddy. We were all so happy to see the rise in visitors on that post. Over 300 of you read about Brye and how great he was/is. Thank you. It means a lot to us.


We must always press on. I've learned two new stories that are very useful. I wish I could give credit to who said each story, but I do not remember. These are not my words, and these are not long stories. 

"Be the Ball"..."Be what?" you say. A ball. When a ball is dropped from a short distance, it will rise , but remember the ball when it falls a great distance also in turn has a great rise coming! Therefore the greater we fall, the greater the rise will be...(!?) 
Ah, my brain accepts it...



The Arrow. 
In order for an arrow to reach its target, it must first be stretched. If things haven't been working out the way you hoped, think about the arrow. You are being stretched in order to reach your target. (That being greatness, no doubt)

Here was another point I read about the bow and arrow... (link follows)

"It needs periods of inactivity – a bow that is always ready, in a state of tension, loses its potency. So, accept rest to recover your firmness: in this way, when you stretch the string, your strength will be intact."


We must also be patient. The bow needs rest, as do we. Take your Sundays off. ;)

One more thought de jour...stop lying to yourself! When your family member hurts your feelings, or a business meeting doesn't go the way you hoped, or you don't look the way you want. (Etc) do not lie and say things like, I'm unloveable, or I will never achieve greatness, or I'm ugly and fat. STOP THAT! Those are all lies. You are loveable, you are already great you just have to be stretched to reach your full potential, and you are always beautiful! Believe in yourself. And start telling yourself the truth for a change =)  


So onto some house news...

Fabric Choices and Furniture Hopefuls





Fabric choices for one of the girls bedroom pillows.


Thinking about a couch with this blue fabric swatch with the cushion fabric choices you see. How cute would that look?


And Kevin and I are loving this cute little chair in that fabric shown at the top. Just dreaming. 

Some more work has been done on the house. Cabinetry and another bench. I'll post pics soon. 



2 comments:

  1. Give yourself credit. No one will love you truly other than yourself. Thanks for he share of affirmations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you iff thwt would be okay.
    I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward tto
    new posts.

    Feel free to surf to my web site please click the next website

    ReplyDelete