Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Loving Blue- Loving My Husband

Don't Knock it 'til You Try It!


Yup, blue. Blue is…" "

Blue Color  Blue

"Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity.
As opposed to emotionally warm colors like red, orange, and yellow; blue is linked to consciousness and intellect.
Blue is a masculine color; according to studies, it is highly accepted among males. Dark blue is associated with depth, expertise, and stability.
Blue suppresses appetite. When used together with warm colors like yellow or red, blue can create high-impact, vibrant designs; for example, blue-yellow-red is a perfect color scheme for a superhero.
Light blue is associated with health, healing, tranquility, understanding, and softness.
Dark blue represents knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness."

 Words highlighted  by me….For the complete quote go to: Color Wheel Pro


Okay, so blue is good, yes! 





As you can see, I  still have not solved my drapery predicament. ;) Looking for yellow...



A little Arbonne Christmas collection over in the far right. (I have so many empty shelves, I figured I may as well broadcast my fabulous products!)


Take note of the picture by the urn. I have a little story for you after this next picture…


I wanted to say thank you to my sister-in-law, niece and nephews for the wonderful cake-pops! And to the Duchess bakery for a yummy pumpkin pie, and Safeway for the cupcakes. You all made Thanksgiving a whole lot easier!! hee hee. ;)

The Blogging Journey


Well, this is quite an amazing journey, blogging. I have only been blogging for 4 months & a bit and I have over 5000 viewers across the globe! Wow! Thank you. I've reached the Netherlands, Australia, Japan, India, France, Germany, Russia, Canada and the US. I know there are more places but wow!
So to all of you out there who have come by for a visit, thank you. A wise person once said that this world is really quite small after all. 

My Amazing Husbands


Today, I just wanted to make a point about that picture above. It has been said to me, (a statement formed as a question, if I can clarify) from others (who I want to believe did not mean to cause me hurt)  "Why would I have so many pictures of Brian?" (my deceased husband) and others have been appalled that Kevin would allow such a "thing". I am not pointing fingers because there have been a few, but rather I want to explain. 

My husband Kevin, is an absolutely amazing man. (He must be- to be married to a widow with four little children! Not a cut to me! But it's true! This is no easy feat for a man to walk into another's footsteps and take on the care of another man's former wife and children.)
My husband Kevin, put that wedding picture of myself and Brian up there by Brian's urn. He said, "I know you love me!" He is secure in our relationship and this draws me closer to him. We had a friend discuss what it was like to lose a loved one when young and to have no pictures of their parent in the house; no discussion of what they used to be. This was very detrimental to our friend. When our friend found themselves in the same situation with their children when their spouse died, they were remarkably blessed with a new spouse who, (for a lack of better terms, "got it") I am grateful to this person for validating my Kevin's decision to uplift and honour us as we remember Brian daily. 


Brian will always be the father to my children. He will always be one of my very best, dearest and truest friends. I know he watches over my family with Kevin. (He may even give Kevin some unknown pointers on how to deal with so many females in one house!) He will always have a place in our hearts and in our home. 

Kevin is confident, trusting, without an ounce of jealousy within him. He is dear, sweet, sincere and understands the importance of keeping Brian's memory alive in the hearts of our children. 

We understand that there are many who haven't had the misfortune of losing a loved one, but we are forgiving to those who may say or do hurtful things trying to protect us. If you are finding yourself in the same boat be strong, be forgiving, have hope in a brighter future  -and like I have to remind myself daily (and fall short) be grateful. To paraphrase President Dieter F. Uchtdorf - There is always much to be grateful for.

Here is a link to those of you who may wish to watch a speaker speak on the passing of a loved one, where they are and what blessings will come in the future.


I wish you all the best as we all try to be happy in this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment