Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Time Stands Still

They say that time heals all things.

"They" must not have finished their sentence, or else it was not quoted properly. 

I am healing but the hurt is there; always ready to remind me of a love that does not die.

I go on, day by day; enjoying more of the little things, (Of course, I am a high stress person, so it's not until those quiet times that I realize: how cute my little girl is while trying to hang up her own shirt, how beautiful my other little girl is even when she is making a mad face at me, how the other is so remarkably sincere and just loves to snuggle up with me, one of the oldest ones has such an incredible smile and a beauty within, the other acts tough but is gentle and warm, and our son, so strong and yet so tender and always loves to make people laugh, and my new husband who gets the blunt of my grieving and yet stays true and kind to me.) And yet, amongst all this wonderfulness that is life, I catch out of the corner of my eye - HIM.

Sometimes it's just him and other times it's him & his dad. In reality it is not either of them. It could be  the way that person walks, or how tall they are, or their hair cut and glasses, maybe a scent. Then this random person evolves into Brian and his Dad and I am transported back in time to a memory. It lasts just a moment but the moment lasts forever. 

I could be rolling out sugar cookie dough which becomes bread and Brian is eating the dough out of the bowl only to get a belly ache. 

Now it's the colour of the leaves on the trees. How he loved colour. And I am transfixed again. We are walking, jumping, laughing. The girls are throwing leaves up in the air. Time stands still. 

Remembering can be a happy flash back.





I am certain this movie has me thinking more and more about Brian. This will be a healing journey for sure. Stay tuned for more about Ghost's of '43 and where you can watch it!


No comments:

Post a Comment