Monday, April 14, 2014

DIY and Home Organization

On Sunday as I re-entered the hall I heard the speaker, "airplanemeet their maker…" and that was it, I couldn't enter the chapel. I swiftly exited the building and texted my hubby to let me know when the speaker was finished and if he could please comfort my little girls. (Chances were, and I was correct, that they were too busy drawing and quietly chatting with their cousins to really be paying much attention.) A sweet sister came outside and asked if I was okay (we call each other sisters btw). I was holding it together until she said that. Out came the big ugly cry face, and the tears poured out. I am grateful for her for noticing and giving me a hug.


Okay, so enough of that…

Some time ago my Husband took me out on a fabulous date. We had a fantastic dinner out and then we went to Mary Poppins! It was so great. If you ever get the opportunity - I recommend it. 




And onto other things…I have had these pictures waiting to be posted to my blog for some time. I was tired of charging cords hanging all over the place so my husband and I cut out holes in our new night stands and voila!


(Open your drawer first) 


We bought these at Staples




His


& hers


Okay, so hang on to your seats cuz there's more…

I was also very tired of having packages of spices in baskets and really just a big mess in my cupboard so one day I tackled this, (and our sweet Sister Missionaries stopped by and helped me finish up!)


My daughter helped me find every blue coloured lid at the dollar store! This entire container collection was under $30! (excluding the spices of course and including the smaller Ikea containers)


However, even the bigger glass containers would not hold the large bulk spices.

I bought these smaller Ikea containers because the dollar store ones did not close properly.

I didn't want to buy the expensive labels so instead I bought dollar store labels, and since I had chalk board paint, with help from another daughter, we painted them first.

 Well friends, even though I do my very best, it's still a difficult journey but I am trying to be happy in it. =} How are you making out in your life's journey?










No comments:

Post a Comment