Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Son is shining! The sun is shining!

How grateful I am for the gospel. How grateful I am for other people's experiences that teach me. How grateful I am for other people's talent. A short time ago, my husband, and I with some family members went to the movie (based on a true story) Heaven is For Real. I have been reading much about near death experiences and so was not shocked by what was said. I saw wet eyes, and tears running down peoples cheeks, and I heard much sniffling throughout the theatre. I cried and covered my face when they showed fire. The best parts for me were when they spoke about the Saviour's eyes. The theatre fell silent. Again, at the end when they showed His face, the theatre took on a reverence. It was fantastic! So many people learning about/remembering our Saviour, Jesus Christ and being respectful. Often in secular films depicting the Saviour, this is not the case. Films miss the mark.

I also very much enjoyed the fact that what he sees verifies much of what we already know as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I also read on the internet that the Heaven is For Real movie beat out Captain America in the box office. Wow!

Here's a clip for you:
http://youtu.be/mydh4MEo2B0



Colton's youtube story is here: http://youtu.be/hhT36Dizo2s




I hope you get the chance to see it. If you have had any experience with Heaven, I hope you'll ponder on these things and continue to learn more about them on our journey called life. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment