Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Un-Birthday

As most of you know, I haven't truly planned a birthday for my youngest, (especially since Her Daddy passed away weeks from her birthday when she was 3) and when we would plan her bday party, either we were on holidays or her guests were. But, we made it! We planned a surprise un-birthday for her!

(Looking back though, I think it is best NOT to plan a surprise for a little girl. I see now that she could have had so much more fun getting excited in the planning of her party)

Here are some pictures from her special day. I did get most of my ideas from Pinterest. (Which I am trying to find a way to have that tab on my blog, but I am not so savvy at the computer, so if you have any pointers, please let me know. )


Yup, little bunny…poops….;)


This super duper yummy cake was actually a custom job done at FUSS CUPCAKES here on the west end! 


FUSS CUPCAKES again.


Little bunny grahams, and doughnuts. Kids love these.


Funny how our clock from Pottery Barn just fit so perfectly with White Rabbit's "I'm late!" I used my mother-in-law's Cricut for the cut outs. Look in the right corner and you'll see a 3D tea cup and saucer!


I printed off some colouring sheets, wrapped Oreo Cakesters in "Cheshire Cat Cookie" tags, found the Alice In Wonderland book, pencils, erasers and glow sticks at the dollar store, and added the White Rabbit Surprises. I printed the paper bags with White Rabbit pictures found on the internet. As this is an older story, the pics were free. Just measure your bag, type it into your file print request and voila! 


Have to have a doormouse.


Thank you to Martha Stewart on the garland and ceiling decorations.

My cookie and treat bag set up.



These hats came from Sunny by Design





Thanks to my family and friends for the extra  tea set and white rabbit party donations!
All the little dishes I found at Ikea and were hers to keep afterwards.


Very true. It was an unbirthday indeed.


These tags came from Indulgy



My daughter's hat was a bit fancier than the others. SHe loved it.


Games we played:
  1. "Switch Places!" - while at the table, prior to eating the older kids and their friends would yell to switch and the tea party guests would move one to the right. They thought this was great.
  2. Queen of Hearts - "Off with their heads!" - played like Simon says, those who would mess up would be told "off with your head"
  3. Hat throwing. All the guests kept their hats, but first they had to throw their hat and see who could get theirs in the hoola hoop.
  4. Mad, Mad Hatter - played like duck duck goose. However, as we played we switched it up a bit and had two "it's" running, so that three children were running for a spot in the circle.
Foods we ate:

  1. White sugared doughnuts as bunny tails
  2. Bunny Grahams
  3. bug noodles with homemade cheese sauce- (everything went around being outside at a tea party.)These noodles were not a hit as they were whole wheat and not many children enjoyed that.
  4. Red Foods like strawberries and grapes
  5. Apple juice was the "tea"
  6. Bread and Butter cut like butterflies - hence the Bread and Butterflies
  7. Cake and Cupcakes.
Have fun if you plan your own unbirthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment