Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine Themed Birthday Party

Ok, I figured I'd better get this out quick, who knows who may need it for a last minute Valentine Day birthday party?


I love flowers at girl's parties. So fresh. And tulips are not too expensive. I later filled this sundae dish with candies and a clue...


These were the gift bag goodies. A mini jam canning container with Jelly Belly's, some left over quilt fabric from a quilt I made my niece, and some pretty ribbon.







(I had to take a picture of these at night. Our windows are so full of light during the day that they wouldn't show up)



A cute little happy birthday sign I made. (Somewhat like one a friend made - she has great ideas)


Using cute glittered card stock and the cricket I made many different sized hearts and tied them to string with different ribbons.


These are the clues we used for a scavenger hunt in the house. (Still snowing and cold here where we live).



Some yummy Tim Horton doughnuts to add variety and colour.


Pink cupcakes and pink icing. (My sister in law reminded me to add a regular sized package of pudding  mix- in this case vanilla - with an extra egg and make the rest of the cake mix as normal.) Your cake will be moist and super good!



A little table decor...


Add some candies instead of confetti. (See the first scavenger hunt clue in the sundae dish?)


Lick and stick! My daughter found this (and most of her birthday wishes) online. We added the licking bit. Have the kids build a tower. Use a timer if you wish. Tallest one that lasts the longest wins.


We ate pink heart shaped pancakes with these cute little fruit kabobs. (with help from Grandma R and hubby Kev)

Some of the scavenger hunt ideas we used are below…thanks to our son who found the links…

www.ehow.com/scavenger-hunt-fun.com

www.berengarten.com


1.  (laundry chute) - When clothes are dirty, down we go, to be washed in the room below.

2. (mirror) - each time I grin, so does she, cuz she just happens to be me.

3. (soap) You use it between your head and toes. The more it works, the thinner it grows

4. (piano) - I have a dozen keys but none open the door - What am I?

5. (bed) - What has 4 legs and a head but doesn't walk?

6. (book) Stiff is my spine, my body is pale, but I'm always ready to tell a tale.

7.(clock) - This thing runs but cannot walk. Sometimes sings but never talks. Lacks arms, but has hands. Lacks a head but has a face.

8.(towel) - What gets wetter the more it dries?

9. (washer) - I rumble and tumble and stains disappear. I swish and i rinse and clean things appear.

10.(garage) - When couples are organized they park their cars in here. Otherwise, it's full of junk and not one inch is clear.

11. (lazy Susan) -Some people call me lazy, but my name is Susan.

12. (Island) Of land I'm made of dry ground. A ring of water all around. 



No comments:

Post a Comment