Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wedding Cake Ideas

My sister-in-law is getting married and I have volunteered to make her wedding cake. (The same weekend that I plan on holding my daughter's science birthday party) Am I a little overzealous or is this just how life happens? Both have seemed to sneak up on me…

Here are a few ideas that I came across in my search for the "perfect" cake.  She likes polka dots and apparently this is one of the newer trends...I do believe I found all these pictures on Pinterest.

(My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/netshappyplace/pins/ )







I just really like this one…;)



A different version of the polkadot. I think this one is more elegant. Quite charming.


I found a really great website for a new frosting that I have never tried before plus I have in one of my books, a great Devils' Food Cake recipe. Once I have tried these myself I will post them for you.

New Scriptures

I also am super excited about my new scriptures that are coming in the mail. My scriptures have been used to the max. I got them when I was baptized, 20 years ago. The pages are worn out and some even torn from babies trying to "feast" on the scriptures. We ordered online and voila! Sooo cute! (As our son says though, "It's not what they look like on the outside that matters, it's what's inside that counts." So true, however, reading these cuties will put a smile on my face before I even open them!)

Another Great Book

I finished another book I had on the go. This one is very easy to read, but you may find you (as we learned in elementary years ago) -"Stop, Look and Listen" (which quote I am paraphrasing from another book I am working on)…taking the time to really think about what you just read and how you may apply it in your own life. An interesting and insightful read.



Okay everyone, Let's be successful on being happy in our journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment