Friday, May 31, 2013

Protein Shake

Trying to eat better is no easy feat. I have noticed that by cutting out most, if not all of my sugars, foods are tasting exceptionally sweet. Yogurts & spaghetti sauce for example taste too sugary, and that ice-cream cake gave me a head rush! :}

Here is a sample of one meal I have eaten. I am only 5 weeks in to this new eating plan, so you may note that I still have a small amount of salad dressing, I used 1 egg to my egg whites (cuz after my 12 cups uncooked = 1 cup cooked spinach mistake and  my egg white lunch I can't stomach an all egg white meal- not yet!)


Lately I have had the same thing for breakfast everyday and I really love it. My mixer makes it nice and frothy with no weird bits floating around.

Protein Shake (from Oxygen magazine):
1 cup skim milk
1 banana
1/4 cup strawberries (a medium strawberry)
1 scoop protein powder
1/4 cup rolled oats (not the quick kind)
juice from an orange (I use a quarter of an orange and squeeze it in)

Lately I have been adding 3-4 leaves of baby spinach too. 

The Other Day's Protein Shake:
(Made by me so not sure of calories etc)
3" of a banana
4 leaves of baby spinach
2-3 small strawberries
a few slices of fresh mango
1/4 cup of rolled oats
1/4 of an orange - squish out the juice

I think I will try this one next...

from Oxygen  Women's Nutrition Fitness Magazine

I also have enjoyed a new way to eat a wrap. I forgot where I found this one…sorry.

One multigrain wrap (the most fiber filled one you can handle)
1/4 cup of greek yogurt, plain (the zero fat kind, of course) This is your dressing or "mayo"
2 cups baby spinach (instead of lettuce)
4 oz cooked chicken breast (not processed sandwich meat and not the fast frozen kind, those are loaded with sodium) This is about half a chicken breast
1 small sized tomato 
Roll 'er up and enjoy getting healthy!


And… get this! This is such a big deal for me…I ate fish. Yup.. I haven't eaten fish in almost…woah I almost let you know how old I really am….suffice it to say many many years. :> My Kevie made me salmon on the barbie and I ate my whole portion. I must really want to be healthy. Koodos to my children and guest who ate it too. Fish is not a popular thing in my family at all. :/

Stay tuned maybe I'll share more healthy eating tips with ya!







No comments:

Post a Comment