Thursday, May 30, 2013

(Somewhat) Homemade Ice Cream Cake

Our daughter just turned 18 and I wanted to surprise her with a homemade ice-cream cake.

This took me not even 20 minutes (I was in a hurry, she was going to be home soon!) I would suggest that you freeze each layer and not procrastinate the day of your cake making.

My Ingredients:
You can change this up however you want...
2 cartons of  your favourite ice-cream
2 jars of chocolate sauce - the thicker the better
1 package of Oreo cookie crumbs
1 package Oreo cookies
1 package Skor candy bars (4 in a package)
whip cream
carmel sauce

Let ice-cream soften. I used the oreo ice-cream for the bottom layer.


Then I mixed up the chocolate sauce with the cookie crumbs .(This was a first for me so I did not know how much I needed or which one I liked. I ended up using both varieties - see above picture- but I would recommend using a thicker kind)

I would also use more crumbs to make it thicker, & make sure to freeze each layer!


Crush the whole package of Oreos, one row at a time.



Spread the cookies on top of the chocolate sauce. FREEZE!


Spread the top container of ice-cream (you will have left overs). Mine is super soft because I procrastinated. You can see the bottom layer is also soft. Don't do it all at once like I did.


Crush all the Skor bars and place in centre. 
 Spray whip cream in little circles arond the outside of your cake. (Or use the real cream, whip and stuff into a decorators bag and create circles) Then squirt, ooze, drizzle... yummy carmel sauce on top of your cake in a zigzag formation.

YUMMY! But super sweet. I may try frozen yogurt, or sherbet next time, with fruit? Perhaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment