Friday, June 15, 2012

Backyard Landscaping Ideas

As you have seen in a previous blog, we have a bigger yard than we are used to. So we have many ideas. Such as this swing below that I found on the internet at backyard-landscaping-ideas.com


I just love what I think is called a French countryside theme. 

Just look at this white picket fence. So beautiful. We wanted to go with a more traditional look, so we may incorporate these in a shorter version in various parts of our yard.
(home depot picture)



http://www.squidoo.com/countrystylegarden

Even this more rustic look above is charming.


This peek-a-boo look is dainty and inviting. How relaxed would you feel in a lush yard...?

So I am off to study more plants, shrubs, and perennials to be better prepared to speak with our landscaper. We thought it'd be best to have someone with the know-how get us started with a plan. That way we can add to it year after year without always digging stuff up and starting again. Our planner is so great. She really "gets" the look we are after. Even better...we can have them do as much or as little as we'd like. Which will make things a lot more affordable. 

So, as I learn and grow more today then I did yesterday, I hope you will too. 


3 comments:

  1. It’s really a privilege to have a huge garden! You will never run out of space to grow flowers and plants! Maybe you can set up a vegetable garden as well! Play with your imagination and create a garden that’s uniquely beautiful. Keep it up!

    -Katy Eagles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some good techniques of landscaping its very useful.
    Landscaping Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can have various inspirations and ideas on how you'll transform a wide lawn into a beautiful scenery. How is it now? I hope you can direct me to your update about the new look of your backyard. I'm too excited to see how you added the swing! :)

    SpringFieldLawnBarber.com

    ReplyDelete