Monday, June 25, 2012

Butterflies, Butterflies & More Butterflies



I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I was able to head out to the Devonian Botanical Garden on Friday with one of my daughters on her school field trip. What a beautiful place. We didn't even get to see half of it, what with all the frog and bug catching. (yes, a few children did end up falling into the mud and water, but it was a good time had by all)

When all was said and done, my daughter and I were the last ones to leave so we headed over to see the butterflies. Those guys are so elegant to watch but alas, they were a little camera shy. (or perhaps playing a little too hard to get...) I snapped a few pictures that I thought you might enjoy.

Not only that, but what a great place to take your sweetie on a romantic date. Apparently, every Thursday until the end of August (started in June), you can "stroll the garden till dusk, have dinner and drinks at the Patio cafe", and there are different amusements every week, such as learning to tango, listening to live jazz or watching a movie under the stars. Adults are only $10! Anyhow, here is the website if any of you are interested - devonian.ualberta.ca

This was in the Japanese Garden section. Beautiful.




If you look closely you can see them all dancing above.

Can you find him?

Now, as promised here are my not so exciting pictures of our basement. I show you now so that we may compare once the new house is built. (Which is coming along nicely. The finisher is wonderful and has finished all the trim, and baseboards where the carpet goes, plus most of the shelving in the linen closets, mud room, kids closets and he is just about finished our pantry.)


As you can tell, we are a little squished.



This other door is where we have our meager storage room. Soon, I hope everything will have its place. Whether it makes it all back to its place is another story...




No comments:

Post a Comment