Monday, June 18, 2012

Kitchen pictures from our little grey house






Hope everyone had a great weekend and celebrated Father's everywhere...Here's a picture of what Kevin got for his Father's Day present...now we would like it to taste more like the theatre...any suggestions out there on the perfect popping oil...? (And where to purchase it?)

Since we are moving soon, I thought I would share with you a few pictures of our home right now, so sit back and enjoy. Then follow along with me in our new home building journey...

Let's begin, I'll start us on the main floor which is mostly kitchen and great (?) room. Pretty small great room for us 8, but for now it works.

(Sorry that some pictures are dark, they are from my iPhone and as you can tell, I forgot to turn on the lights...)
The chandelier in the background is an antique I found at an antique market just off Whyte Ave. 





This is another antique I found at the same place as well.


(I had my Father-in-law put these medallions and chandeliers up for me.) Medallions are easy. Just paint & let dry. I actually just used a brush for these. I thought we'd need to drill them up, but nope, just caulking and the chandelier, when installed,  keeps it all in place.

A little more up close and personal.


There is so much detail in these, how could I pass them up? The new home owners loved them too and requested that we leave them. 

This was an oopsy daisy that we turned into a workable extra coat/backpack area. Keeps everything neat and out of the front doorway. (ok, in theory! ;)


This is our laundry room. Originally, when my late husband & I were planning this home, we envisioned his Dad living with us, having a separate entry but with shared laundry. That is why we staked the washer dryer, and ended up with a cubby. But it works, we like it. It adds character to a somewhat cookie cutter home, as well as adding extra "closet" space. 


We added more hooks for aprons, and a shelf (all form Ikea- the affordable organizing store) I love it. 

More pics next time...



1 comment:

  1. Love lay out..well planned. Tell me where ever did you find that popcorn machine..true taste much better like theatre popcorn than homemde. Love the old fashion look,along with old chair Where did you find that?

    ReplyDelete